asbury tree for the futureAnnouncement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
Help grow Asbury’s future. Remember a beloved family member, honor someone special, or celebrate a significant occasion in your life by donating a leaf, acorn, or rock. Your donations will be engraved according to your specifications. Sign up and learn more about how you can help grow the Asbury Tree for the Future.
Download, complete and email your donor form or visit the donor table in the Fellowship Hall following worship services. Questions? Contact Martrice Green / 202.397.3451 / firstname.lastname@example.org or René Carter, 202.422.7948 / JCarter@nea.org..
be a stephen minister Announcement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
communications ministry volunteers neededAnnouncement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
Contact Carol Travis / carol6303aol.com, Communications Chairperson, to provide your name and contact information. A meeting will be held in the near future.
holy communion home visitors Announcement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
introduction to handbell ringingAnnouncement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
transportation ministry needs volunteer driversAnnouncement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
- • Help transport people to Sunday Service
- • Drivers receive a $25 incentive each Sunday
Need a ride? Call Mrs. Clark / 301.925.4735 to arrange pick-up.
week day garage parking Announcement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
support your church through online shoppingAnnouncement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
- Did you know you could support your church through online shopping. If you have a computer, tablet or Smartphone you can sign up at: UMCmarket.org . Asbury is listed as Asbury UMC (DC). UMC Market has partnered with hundreds of stores who’ve agreed to give back a portion of your purchase. The money that you get back goes automatically as a donation to the church that you’ve selected in your account. Just follow the directions and you can shop at Amazon, PETCO, Lowe's and hundreds of others. Try it. Asbury can really benefit. Spread the word!"
churchwide cleanup projectAnnouncement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
Contact James Nero 202.374.4911 / email@example.com.
asbury performing arts theatreAnnouncement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
APAT ... Bringing the Word to Life!!
join the wesleyan choirAnnouncement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
asbury federal credit union short term loansAnnouncement Place: Asbury United Methodist Church
- The Asbury Federal Credit Union now offers short term loans. They do not require a credit check, just your ability to pay the loan back in 3 months or 6 months. However, you must be a MEMBER of the Credit Union to apply and have the required minimum balance in your account. Please stop by the table in G-1 for additional inquiries. Regular loans are also available as well. For further information, please contact Larry Mathis (202.213.9146 or 202.628.0009).
Let us reach out to you and communicate thru TEXTING. Important church messages that you need to know immediately (i.e.) notices of death, building closures, meetings, postponements due to weather or a word of spiritual encouragement and hope.
Text the word asburydc to 55469. You should receive a response on your cell phone that says – “Welcome to Asbury United Methodist Church, Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors, the people of the United Methodist Church”.
To join, contact your Membership Assimilation & Records (MARC) birthday coordinator.
|January - April||Melvin Allen||301.735.6787|
|May - August||TBD||202.526.2696|
|September - December||Shirley Thomas||301.839.3087|
We will no longer place non Asbury events in the bulletin or announcements. You are welcome to drop off and or send your announcement to the office and we will place it on the bulletin board or send it to Ms. Moretha Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit announcements for The Asburyan Sunday bulletin is Monday @ 3pm for the upcoming Sunday. Please try to limit your information to six lines.
Announcements received after the deadline will go into the following Sunday bulletin. Group leaders are encouraged to start the new year with a fresh submission of schedules, listings and information concerning your groups so they can be included in the bulletin, announcements, and monthly calendar.
The Prayer Chapel, opened and dedicated on Sunday, December 14th, 2008, is designed to provide a special place for all who wish to commune privately with God.
The cross on the focal wall reflects the 4 acts of prayer: confession and thanksgiving, and adoration and supplication.
Visuals, bibles, hymnals, resource books, and helpful materials are available for guidance for chapel visitors. Materials marked "Take One" are gifts that you may take for your personal use.
The chapel is located between G-1 and Old Social Hall. Chapel hours:
- Monday - Friday 8a - 8:30 p
- Saturdays 9a - 4p
- Sundays 7:30a - 3p
Write your prayers on prayer request cards and place them in the prayer boxes located throughout the church. The intercessory Prayer Team will pray for your request within 24 hours.
Tithes and offerings may now be made through our on-line donations center on our website. For more information and "how-to's", contact the Asbury Finance Office Monday through Thursday during business hours, 10a - 4p. 202.628.0009.